Laser Gum Treatment
Laser Gum Treatment’s Advantages
Our practice in the greater Phoenix, AZ area is committed to providing you with the most advanced and up-to-date care available. Because of this commitment we use laser gum treatments at our offices. Laser gum treatments are the latest in gum treatment technology. More importantly, using this treatment gives our doctors the opportunity to ensure a comfortable treatment and a quick recovery from their gum care procedures.
When you come in for a checkup, your doctor will give you a comprehensive dental examination to carefully look at your oral health. He will determine if you need laser gum treatments so that your gums return to a healthy state and so your teeth stay healthy.
You may be able to obtain laser dentistry for the following conditions:
- If you have prominent gums.
- An uneven or ragged gum line.
- If your gums have eroded.
- For varying periodontal diseases.
Dental lasers perform many functions and are a quite useful tool for dentists to use. You may only require manual cleaning. The only way you’ll know for sure if manual techniques or dental lasers are your best choice is to have a complete dental examination by one of our experienced and well-trained doctors.
Not only are dental lasers used for dental health reasons, but they can also be used to improve your smile’s look.
What Laser Procedures are Offered at Implants & Periodontics
Our offices and doctors offer a wide range of procedures that use dental lasers:
- Root Planing and Scaling. You may need a deep cleaning of your teeth. Your doctor will recommend a deep cleaning, which includes scaling and root planing. If your gums have started to recede or pull back, your dentist will use lasers to deeply clean the pockets of bacteria around your teeth. Using the laser also kills microbes and other germs that have accumulated around your teeth. During the process of root planing, he will smooth the roots of your teeth which keeps bacteria from gathering and thriving around the roots of your teeth.
- If you have advanced periodontitis, you will have compromised tissue around your teeth on your gums. Your doctor can remove these decaying areas with a high-powered laser so new, and healthy tissue can grow.
- Laser gum treatments help improve the look of your gums. You may want cosmetic gum treatments that use lasers to contour your gum line and make it smoother and more attractive. He will only remove enough tissue to help your smile look stunning and add symmetry to the appearance of your gum line.
Laser technology is exact. Your dental specialist removes as little tissue as necessary. For that reason, laser gum treatments are minimally invasive, yet still to a significant job in treating gum disease and enhancing your smile. Read more about the benefits of laser dentistry below.
The Important Benefits of Laser Dentistry
The advantages of laser dentistry are numerous. When a dental specialist uses a laser for your treatment, he can be very accurate about the area where he is working. He can remove a very tiny amount of tissue, or more tissue if necessary. The less tissue removed means less pain, and a quicker healing time for you.
Also, if you’re having a cosmetic laser procedure, you’ll get very natural results with a very brief recovery time. One of the reasons gums heal faster with laser procedures is that the laser seals your blood vessels as the treatment progresses. You’ll experience less bleeding, little to no sensitivity, and only minor post-procedure irritation to the gum area. The lasers used in these treatments destroy the bacteria in the areas being treated without actually touching your gums.
To receive more information on how laser dentistry may be of benefit to you, contact us today.