Knowing who to call in an emergency is extremely important. Doing your research ahead of time so you have a plan in place can help, and take some of the stress away. Dental emergencies can happen at any time, and knowing your dentist is close makes a big difference. Scrambling to find a dentist to handle your emergency last minute can cause delays and make the situation worse.
Why Is Finding an Emergency Dentist Ahead of Time Important?
There are various details you can research ahead of time that will help you out in a dental emergency. Talking with your dentist and understanding the emergency services they provide, as well as the hours of operation and locations available help tremendously.
- Choose an emergency dentist in your area. This helps you get to your dentist quicker in an emergency.
- Choose a dentist that provides services for families. If you or your children have a dental emergency it is convenient to be able to take everyone to the same dentist.
- Ask what insurance your dentist accepts. You can call your insurance provider and ask for a list of dentists in your area that accept your plan. Knowing your dentist accepts your insurance ahead of time can help.
- Make sure you ask if they have emergency hours and what their normal hours of operation are. Some dentists may only service emergencies at one location. Knowing where to go in an emergency is important and saves you time.
- Inquire about what emergency services they provide. In many dental emergencies patients may need cosmetic dental work. If your dentist does not provide cosmetic services you may need to be referred to a cosmetic dentist.
Doing the research up front and knowing where to go ahead of time can help make you more prepared. Make sure your emergency dentist’s information is in a convenient place where you can access it at any time.
Interested in Finding Out More?
If you are interested in finding out what services we provide, or have questions about our emergency services, we encourage you to contact our office. Our staff is equipped to handle dental emergencies, and we provide emergency services to all of our patients. Your health is our priority, and we strive to always provide exceptional service.
For more information about our emergency services please contact our office, and our staff will be happy to assist you.